Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA)
Launched in 2013, the RashtriyaUchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) aims at providing strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions. RUSA places greater emphasis on the improvement of the quality of teaching-learning processes in order to produce employable and competitive graduates, post-graduates and PhDs. The key objectives of RUSA are to improve access, equity and quality in higher education through planned development of higher education at the state level.
Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery is funded by RUSA Kerala in phase 1 and received an amount of Rs. 1,98,95,000/- (One crore ninety eighty lakhs and ninety five thousand only) in three instalments starting from 18.06.2015.The college had spent an amount of Rs. 1,98,90,645 with a percentage of utilisation of 99.97% for construction, maintenance and purchase with the purpose of quality improvement of teaching learning process.
The main works include, Construction of footbridge connecting office building and new academic block(PWD), Renovation of Sanskrit Block (PWD), Repair and laying tiles to Chemistry and Zoology Departments, Special repairwork and laying tiles to English Block, Repair and laying tiles to History Block, Renovation of Philosophy Department, Renovation of Computer lab and Hindi Seminar Hall, Renovation of fitness centre for Physical Education Department, Renovation of Principals Room, Installation of CCTV Camera in Examination Halls, Installation of software in language lab, Renovation of Green House, Office, Repair and Maintenance of lab equipment, Purchase of Library Books, Purchase of Laboratory Equipment, Purchase of Electronic & Electrical Equipment and Purchase of furniture for Economics Department.
RUSA COMMITTEE 2020-21
- Dr. Shibu P V(Convenor)
- Sri. Abdul Assis K P (Member in charge of RUSA Phase 1)
- Dr. K V Unnikrishnan (IQAC Coordinator)
- Dr.Shiju George, Department of Mathematics
- Dr. Jiji Joseph V, Department of Zoology
- Dr. Jasmine Maria Joseph, Department of Chemistry
- Sri. Shaiju K C,Department of English
- Sri. Sabu P J, Department of Statistics
- Sri. Rajeev P, Department of Physics
- Sri. Santhosh C, Purchase Committee Convenor
- Planning Committee Convenor
- Smt. Sreeja A C, Section Clerk