Name : Dr. Pramod.C.
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department : BOTANY
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Qualification||M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D.|
|Present Position||Assistant Professor|
|Total Experience in Current
1. Pramod, C., A.K. Pradeep & J.F. Veldkamp 2012. Coelachne madayensis (Poaceae: Pooideae: Isachneae), a new species from Kerala, India. Gardens’ Bulletin Singapore 64(2): 289-292.
2. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2012. Isachne veldkampii (Poaceae) a New record for Kerala, India. J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 36(1): 59-61.
3. Pramod, C., K.M. Manudev, A.K. Pradeep & Santhosh Nampy 2012. Myriophyllum siamense (Haloragaceae): A new record for India. Rheedea 22(2): 95-97.
4. Pradeep, A.K. & C. Pramod 2013. Parasopubia hofmannii Pradeep & Pramod and Parasopubia hofmannii var. albiflora Pradeep & Pramod (Orobanchaceae), two new taxa from India. Candollea 68: 115-122.
5. Pramod C., A.K. Pradeep & C.C. Harilal 2014. Seasonal pools on lateritic plateaus: unique habitats of great diversity – a case study from Northern Kerala. Journal of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries.2: 458-466.
6. Pramod, C., M. Sivadasan and N. Anilkumar. 2003. Ethnobotany of religious and supernatural beliefs of Kurichya of Wayanad District, Kerala, India. Ethnobotany (15): 11-19.
7. Manudev K. M., Sharad S. Kambale, C. Pramod and P. S. Prakash. 2016. A New species of Ceropegia (Apocynaceae: Ceropegiae) from a midland lateritic hill of Kerala, India. International Journal of Advanced Research, 4 (5): 1408-1414.
8. Indu M. V., C. Pramod, K. Shalini and P. Sruthi. 2016. Plants used and conserved in the temples of Kannur District, Kerala, India. Brennen Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, 11: 12-23.
9. Resmi S., K. M. Manudev, C. Pramod and Santhosh Nampy. 2018. A new species of Sonerila (Melastomataceae: Sonerileae) from southern Western Ghats, India. Phytotaxa 333 (2): 235–242.
10. Pramod C., V. C. Balakrishnan, K. P. Rajesh, Muhamed Jafer Palot and A. K. Pradeep. 2017. An updated checklist of flowering plants of Madayipara, Kannur district, Kerala. Malabar Trogon, 15(1&2): 12-34.
11. Pramod C. and A. K. Pradeep. 2018. Habitat and Floristic diversity of Madayippara, a South Indian Lateritic Plateau. In: P. Gurusaravanan, Proceedings of National Conference on Biodiversity and its Conservation: Priorities and Challenges, Laser Park Publishing House, Coimbatore. pp. 50-53.
Pramod, C. 2019. Brennenile Sasyajajaala (Malayalam). Sanghasabdam, August-September 2019: 69-72.
|Papers Presented in Conferences/ Seminars||
1. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2010. Preliminary studies on the flora of a lateritic plateau habitat of Northern Kerala. XX Annual conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy & International symposium on taxonomy, plant diversity and conservation, 26–28 November, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
2. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2011. The Genus Parasopubia H.-P. Hofm. & Eb. Fisch. (Scrophulariaceae). XXI Annual Conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy & National Seminar on Biodiversity conservation and climate change (BCCC-11), 2–4 December, CSIR-IMMT, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
3. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2012. The Genus Coelachne (Poaceae) in India with special reference to the habitat ecology of C. madayensis. XXII Annual conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy & International seminar on innovative prospects in angiosperm taxonomy, 28–30 October, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, Maharashtra.
4. Pramod C., A.K. Pradeep & C.C. Harilal 2013. Seasonal pools on lateritic plateaus: unique habitats of great diversity – a case study from Northern Kerala. International conference on Ecosystem conservation, climate change and sustainable development, 3–5 October, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
5. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2013. Plant diversity of lateritic plateaus: neglected habitats of Northern Kerala. National seminar on Changing Perspectives in taxonomy and Systematics, 8 October, Govt. College, Kodenchery, Kozhikode, Kerala.
6. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2014. Endemics on a lateritic plateau in Northern Kerala, India. National seminar on biodiversity conservation: trends and needs, 5–7 March, St. Thomas College, Thrissur, Kerala.
7. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2014. Some noteworthy species on the lateritic plateaus in Northern Kerala, India. National seminar on Green living for sustainable development, 15–17 October, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala.
8. Suvina E.P., M.J. Palot & C. Pramod 2014. Feeding ecology of Drosera indica L. on a midland laterite hill ecosystem in Northern Kerala, South India. National seminar on Green living for sustainable development, 15–17 October, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala.
9. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2015. Discovery and Ecology of Coelachne madayensis (Poaceae). Species – the Passion, 5 June, St. Thomas College, Thrissur.
10. Pramod, C. & A.K. Pradeep 2015. Vegetation and Ecology of Laterite rock: a case study from South India. XXV Annual Conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy and Council Meeting of IAPT and International Seminar on Advancements in Angiosperm Systematics and Conservation, 19-21 November, University of Calicut.
11. Pramod C., A.K. Pradeep, C.C. Harilal & S. Sandeep. 2016. Micro ecology and floristic diversity of seasonal pools on a lateritic plateau of South India. XXVI Annual Conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy and International Seminar on Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Biodiversity, 7-9 November, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
12. Pramod C. 2016. Madayippara: A Cradle of Biodiversity. Nature Study Camp, 20 August, Co-operative Arts & Science College, Madayi. (Invited Talk)
13. Pramod C. & Manjusha M. 2016. Ethnobotany of Kalarippayattu in Northern Kerala. National Seminar on Genetic Resources and Plant Breeding, 17-19 November, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery.
14. Pramod C. & Sunisha E. K. 2016. Ethnomedicobotany of Kurichya of Kannavam Forest Area of Southern Western Ghats. National Seminar on Genetic Resources and Plant Breeding, 17-19 November, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery.
15. Pramod C. 2017. Lateritic Plateaus: Wastelands or Cradle of Biodiversity? 23 February, Sree Narayana College, Kannur. (Invited Talk)
16. Pramod C. & A.K. Pradeep. 2017. Midland Lateritic Hills of South India: Cradle of Neoendemism? XIX International Botanical Congress, 23-29 July 2017, Shenzhen, China.
17. Pramod C. 2017. Lateritic Hills of Western Ghats region as centers of Endemism and Speciation. National seminar on Biodiversity and Importance of Western Ghats for Better Living, 29-30 August, Govt. College, Kasaragod. (Invited Talk)
1. Pramod C. 2017. Ozone and Plants, 26 September, Sir Syed College, Thalipparamba. (Invited Talk)
2. Pramod C. 2017. Role of Taxonomy in Phytomedicine, Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy. National Seminar on Phytochemistry and Pharmacignosy, 4-6 October, Govt. College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram. (Invited Talk)
3. Pramod C. 2018. Floristic Diversity of the Lateritic hills of Northern Kerala. 7 February, Mahatma Gandhi Govt. Arts College, Mahe. (Invited Talk)
4. Pramod C. & A. K. Pradeep. 2018. Habitat and Floristic Diversity of Madayippara, a South Indian Lateritic Plateau. National Seminar on Biodiversity and its Conservation, Priorities and Challenges, 12-13 March, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
5. Pramod C. 2018. RET Flowering Plants of a Neglected Habitat of Western Ghats. National Seminar on RET species of Western Ghats – Challenges and Mitigation, 20 – 22 June, Kannur University, Mangattuparamba. (Invited Talk)
6. Pramod C. 2019. Lateritic Hills of Northern Kerala: Biodiversity, Endemism & Conservation. Kerala State Biodiversity Congress, 26-28 January, Thalassery. (Invited Talk)
7. Pramod C. 2019. Rarity and Endemism of Lateritic Seasonal Pools. National Seminar on Wetlands for Future and disaster risk reduction, 4 February 2019, Govt. Victoria College, Palakkad. (Invited Talk)
Pramod C. 2019. Biodiversity of Madayippara. Hiegher Secondary School Teachers Transformation Programme, 28 September 2019, Sir Syed College, Thalipparamba. (Resource Person)
|PhD / M Phil/ Projects Guided||
PhD : 3 Ongoing; M Phil: 0; Projects at PG level: 11 ; Projects at UG level: 3
Fellow of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy (FIAT)
1. Life Member, Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy
Life Member, Indian Botanical Society
1. Member, Planning Board, Kannur University
2. Secretary, PTA, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery
3. Secretary, The Government Brennen College Co-Operative Stores Ltd.
4. Chairman, PG Board of Examinations, Kannur University.
5. Member, PG Board of Studies, Kannur University.
6. Member, UG Board of Studies, Kannur University.
7. Member & Convener, State Level Thematic Expert Committee, Kerala State Biodiversity Board.
8. District Level Technical Committee Member, Haritha Kerala Mission, Kannur.
9. Faculty in Charge, Bhoomitrasena Club, Govt. Brennen College.
10. Convener, Accommodation Committee, Govt. Brennen College.
Member, IQAC, Govt. Brennen College.
|Seminars/ Conferences Organised||
1. Convener, National Seminar on “E. K. Janaki Ammal and her contribution to Indian Science” (04. 11. 2011), Thalassery.
2. Convener, National Seminar on “Biodiversity Conservation with Special Emphasis on Angiosperms” (10. 02. 2015 to 11. 02. 2015), Govt. Brennen College.
3. Convener, National Seminar on “Genetic Resources and Plant Breeding” (17. 11. 2016 to 19. 02. 2016), Govt. Brennen College.
Convener, Workshop on “Plant Taxonomy: Nomenclature, Illustration & Photography” (15. 11. 2018 to 16. 11. 2018), Govt. Brennen College.
|Additional Responsibilities (2019-20)||
3. Faculty in Charge, Bhoomitrasena Club
4. Convener, Auditorium & Seminar Hall Maintenance Committee
5. Member, Planning Committee
6. Member, Research & Project Committee
7. Member, Hostel Welfare Committee
Member, Accommodation Committee
1. Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI)
2. Indian Institute of Spices Research (IISR)
3. Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding (IFGTB)
4. M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF)
University of Calicut