Name : Dr. Tomson Mani
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department : BOTANY
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Present Position||Assistant Professor|
|Work Experience||8 yrs|
|Total Experience in Current
|Research/ Projects||UGC-minor research project (2014-2016) â€“ Isolation and DNA barcoding of soil and endophytic microflora of mangrove plants of Kannur district, Kerala (University Grants Commission, Govt of India, New Delhi).|
1. Tomson M and Manjula S (2019) Cloning and characterization of promoter elements of a Ser/Thr protein kinase gene homologue from Piper colubrinum Link. Indian Journal of Biotechnology (Under Review).
2. Anu Krishnan, Chidambareswaran Mahadevan, Tomson Mani and Manjula Sakuntala (2015) Virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) for elucidation of pathogen defense role of serine/threonine protein kinase in the non-model plant Piper colubrinum Link. Plant Cell Tiss Organ Cult. DOI 10.1007/s11240-015-0764-9
3. Tomson Mani, K.C Sivakumar and S. Manjula (2012) Expression and functional analysis of two osmotin (PR5) isoforms with differential antifungal activity from Piper colubrinum: Prediction of structure-function relationship by bioinformatics approach. Molecular Biotechnology 52: 251 â€“ 261.
4. Tomson Mani and S. Manjula (2011) Optimization of Agrobacterium-mediated transient gene expression and endogenous gene silencing in Piper colubrinum Link. by vacuum infiltration. Plant Cell Tiss Organ Cult 105(1): 113-119.
5. T. Mani and S.Manjula (2010) Cloning and characterization of two osmotin isoforms from Piper colubrinum. Biologia plantarum 54 (2): 377-380.
6. Tomson M. and J.E.Thoppil (2005) Influence of B-chromosome on essential oil content and composition in Salvia coccinea Bucâ€™hoz ex Etl. (Lamiaceae). Caryologia Vol. 58, no. 3: 246-248.
|Papers Presented in Conferences/ Seminars||
1. Aiswarya, T, Shruthi P and Mani Tomson (2018) Isolation and characterisation of rhizospheric microbes of Pennisetum polystachion(L.)Shultz. International Conference on Microbiome Research (ICMR 2018), National Centre for Microbial Resource, National Centre for Cell Sciences, University of Pune Campus,Pune, Maharashtra,India 19-22 November 2018.
2. Tomson Mani, Nidhina K and Ayshommabi R.M (2017) Molecular Identification of bacterial endophytes of Rhizophora mucronata Lam. From mangrove wetland of Malabar. Third Indian Biodiversity Congress (IBC 2017), Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India; 10-12 March 2017.
3. Sashna N.C, Sangeetha K.V, Nimisha M, Shijith R, Steephan M and Tomson Mani (2014) Isolation and Biochemical prospecting of endophytic microflora associated with the mangrove species- Brugeira cylindrica of Thalassery region. UGC National seminar: Green living for sustainable development 15-17 october 2014, Govt Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala, India
4. Tomson Mani, S.Manjula (2013) Bioinformatic analysis of PR-5 isoforms cloned fromPiper colubrinum Link. a resistant species of Piper germplasm. International conference on advances in biotechnology and bioinformatics (ICABB 2013) and X convention of the Biotech Research Society, India. 25-27 November 2013, D.Y Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune, India.
|PhD / M Phil/ Projects Guided||Projects at PG level:6|
|Awards/ Honours|| Endeavour Research Fellowship (Australia)
UGC-Raman Post doctoral fellowship (USA)
|Positions Held||Member,Board of Studies, UG-Botany, Kannur University|
|Seminars/ Conferences Organised||Two day National Seminar on â€˜Lower plant groups of South Indiaâ€™ September 29-30, 2015. Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery. DCE, Govt of Kerala.|
|Additional Responsibilities (2019-20)||
Additional Chief Supdt of Examinations, Govt Brennen College
Member, Academic Monitoring Committee
Member, Canteen CommitteeMember, Nature Club
|Other Information||Board of studies (Botany UG) Kannur University|