Name : ANILESH T T
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department : ENGLISH
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Qualification||MPhil (English), MA (English Lang. & Litt.),B.Ed (English), UGC NET-SET|
|Present Position||Assistant Professor|
|Work Experience||4 years|
|Total Experience in Current
|Years (UG)||4 years|
|Research/ Projects|| MPhil on Suicide as Text under the supervision of Dr.Sindhu Menon, Department of English, University of Hyderabad.
PhD (pursuing) on Problematizing the Body under the supervision of Prof.Prasantha Kumar, Department of English, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady.
1. â€œThe Corporal Meets the Spiritual: De-stereotyping the Indian Ascetic Body- A Study on the Life and Select Vachans of Akka Mahadeviâ€-De-stereotyping Indian Body and Desire:Edited by Kaustav Chakraborty, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK, (ISBN (10) 1-4438-5253-8, Page No.53)
2. â€œAssertion and Rejection of the Confessing Self: An Observation onthe Select Poems of Eunice de Souzaâ€- Celebrating Literary Diversity: Edited by T.Sai Chandra Mouli, Aadi Publications, Jaipur (ISBN:978-93-82630-58-6, Page No.12)
3. â€œMm- The Mute(d) Response: A New Historicist Reading of Shobasakthiâ€™s Mmâ€- Indian Journal of Postcolonial Literatures: International refereed Bi-annual Journal published in June-December by the Post Graduate and Research Department of English, Newman College, Thodupuzha, Kerala.
(ISSN No. 0974-7370, Vol. 12-2, December 2012)
3. â€œNew Historicising Myths: A Study on Indigenous Mythsâ€-Literary Innovations: A Bi-Annual International Literary Journal published at Tirupur, Tamil Nadu, (ISSN No. 2279-0128, November 2012)
4. â€œConfession: A Polyvocal Constructionâ€- Research Lines: Interdisciplinary Research Journal published by the Department of English, Dev Matha College, Kuravilangad, Kottayam, Kerala. (ISSN No. 0975-8941, Vol.V, Issue No. 2, December 2012)
5. â€œJocasta Behind the Locked Doorâ€- Research Scholar: Interdisciplinary Refereed Research Journal published by the Scholars Association of Kerala, Kottayam, Kerala)(ISSN No. 2249-6696, Vol.II, Issue No. IV, December 2012)
6. â€œConfession or Construction: A Foucauldian Critique of the Self in the Confessional Poemsâ€-The Challenge: A Bi-Annual Journal of Art, Culture and Literature published by Chitra Pal, Jamshedpur) (ISSN No. 2278-9499, Vol.22, No.1, Jan-June,2013)
7. â€œTextual History and Historical Text: A New Historical Perspectiveâ€-Seminar Proceedings published by Studies and Research in English and Centre for Education and Research, Tumkur University, Tumkur, Karnataka. (ISBN No. 978-81-923151-4-0)
|Papers Presented in Conferences/ Seminars||
1. â€œShobaskathiâ€™s Mm- A Diasporic Perspectiveâ€ International Seminar on â€œContemporary Diaspora Literatureâ€ organised by the Centre for Comparative Literature, SSUS, Kalady and Rashra Bhasha Sansthan, Thiruvananthapuram
2. â€œThe Corporal Meets the Spiritual: De-stereotyping the Indian Ascetic Body- A Study on the Life and Select Vachans of Akka Mahadeviâ€ International Conference on â€œTraditions of Dissent in Subcontinental Literatures and Culturesâ€ organised by Department of Comparative Literature, Central University of Kerala and Comparative Literature Association of India (CLAI)
3. â€œConstructing Confession: An Observation on the Select Poems of Kamala Dasâ€ International Conference on â€œRevisiting Madhavikutty/Kamala Das/Suariyaâ€ organised by the Department of English, St.Aloysius College, Eluthuruthu, Thrissur, Kerala.
1. â€œJocasta Behind the Locked Doorâ€. UGC Sponsored National Seminar on â€œWomenâ€™s Voicesâ€ conducted by Department of English, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala.
2. â€œFrom Text to Paradigm Shiftâ€. Interdisciplinary National Conference on â€œA Paradigm Shift in Socio-Cultural Perspectives in 20th Century Historical and Literary Studiesâ€ organised by Department of English, Tamil & History & Tourism, SDNB Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai.
3. â€œConfrontation with the De-eroticized Female Bodies: A Study on the Select Poems of Jayanta Mahapatraâ€. UGC Sponsored National Seminar on â€œIndian Poetry in Englishâ€ organised by Faculty of English and Foreign Languages, Gandhigram Rural Institute- Deemed University, Gandhigram,
4. â€œAssertion and Rejection of the Confessing Self: An Observation on the Select Poems of Eunice de Souzaâ€ National Seminar on â€œIndian Women Writers in Englishâ€ organized by the Department of English, St. Aloysius College Mangalore,Karnataka.
5. â€œConfession or Construction: A Foucauldian Critique of the Self in the Confessional Poemsâ€ UGC Sponsored National Seminar on â€œConfessional Poetry in English: Current Trendsâ€ organised by Department of English, Annamali University, Tamil Nadu.
6. â€œEcriture Feminine:The Inscription of the Female Sextâ€ National Seminar on â€œAdhunik Sahity Mem Nari(Women in Modern Literature)â€ conducted by the Department of Hindi, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala.
7. â€œNew Historicising Myths: The Issue of Subversion and Co-optationâ€ National Seminar on â€œMyths, Mythopoeia and Literatureâ€ organised by the Department of English, Govt. College, Kasaragod, Kerala.
8. â€œMemorizing the Subaltern Project.â€ UGC Sponsored National Seminar on â€œIndian Comparative Literature: New Trends and Perspectivesâ€ organised by Centre for Comparative Literature, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Kerala.
9. â€œTextual History and Historical Text: A New Historical Perspectiveâ€ National Conference on â€œInterweaving Texts and Contexts: Pedagogical Strategiesâ€ conducted by Department of Studies and Research in English and Centre for Education and Research, Tumkur University, Tumkur, Karnataka.
10. â€œMortal Resistance: A Reading of Subaltern Suicideâ€ National Seminar on â€œResistant Discourses: Theory and Practiceâ€ hosted by the Department of English, K.M.M. Govt. Womenâ€™s College, Kannur.
11. â€œMemoir: A Mnemonic Genre- An Introductionâ€, Two Day National Seminar on â€œTalking Differences: Critiquing Narratives and Discoursesâ€ organised by the Department of English, Govt.Arts and Science College, Chelakkara on 05-06 December 2018.
12. â€œDaivathinde Nagarangal, Arikuvalkarikkappetta Manushyarâ€, Three DayNational Seminar on â€œ Cinemayute Vyakaranamâ€organised by the Departments of English and Malayalam, Govt.College Kalpetta, Wayanad on 17-19 December 2018.
1. â€œMm-The Mute(d) Response: A New Historicist Reading of Shobasakthiâ€™s Mmâ€ State- Level Seminar on â€œRecent Trends in Literary Theoryâ€ conducted by the Department of English, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala.
Invited Lectures & Chaired Sessions
1. â€œConcept of â€˜Textâ€™ in Literary and Cultural Theoriesâ€ â€“Two Day National Seminar on â€œNew Avenues of Literary and Cultural Theoryâ€ conducted by PostGraduate Department of Hindi and Research Centre, Govt.Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala.
2. Chaired a session in Two Day National Seminar on â€œHindi Dalit Poetry and Philosophy of Ambedkarâ€ organised by the Post Graduate Department of Hindi and Research Centre, Govt.Brennen College, Thalassery on 24-25 October 2018.
3. Chaired a session in Three Day National Seminar on â€œ Cinemayute Vyakaranamâ€organised by the Departments of English and Malayalam, Govt.College Kalpetta, Wayanad on 17-19 December 2018.
4. Attended Five Day ( 10-14 November 2014) National Workshop on â€œUnderstanding Cultural Studiesâ€ as a Resource Person. Conducted by Department of Hindi, Kannur University.
|PhD / M Phil/ Projects Guided|| BA (Functional English) : 3 Projects
MA (English Language and Literature) : 2 Dissertations on Feminism and Travel Writing
|Positions Held|| Member: Attendance Monitoring Committee
Member: Film Club
Member: Website Committee
|Seminars/ Conferences Organised||
|Additional Responsibilities (2019-20)|